Here is a list of seven facts you likely did not know about seal-coating!
- Seal-coating protects and prolongs the life expectancy of asphalt pavement by filling surface damage and providing a protective layer to keep out damaging UV rays, vehicle fluids and water.
- The low cost of regular seal-coating can save you money in the long run. A properly maintained and sealed asphalt surface has an extended lifetime and reduces long-term repair costs.
- With exposure to the elements, asphalt pavement over time becomes faded in appearance. A fresh seal-coat application enhances the appearance of asphalt, making it look and wear like new.
- Seal-coating is typically done using one of two application methods: spray or squeegee.
- Seal-coating accelerates the melting process of snow and ice on pavement surfaces. This helps to protect against water penetration, rain, frost and snow damage.
- To properly complete the seal-coating process, the air and pavement temperature is recommended to be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit for the duration of application and for eight hours following the application.
- Prior to pavement sealing, the asphalt surface should be cleared of all dirt and debris. In addition, minor repairs, like potholes and cracks, should be filled and vehicle fluids, like oil, should be properly removed.
If you're interested in any of the services we provide, please contact us to find out more!